Melton Borough Council - Growth Grants
Businesses in the Parish may be eligible for the Growth Fund grants and Melton Borough Council are urging businesses to apply. There is limited funding available and it will be given on a first come first served basis.
New MBC Growth grants: Town Enhancement, Rural Diversification & New Start-up business programmes
- Total amount of Growth grants £350,000
- Awarded over £121, 000 to 17 business , approx. £229,000 remaining
- Since the launch on 26 Aug 21, 51 applications received a good mix of all 3 business new, rural and town grants
- Closing date 31st Jan 22 or until all funds have been awarded
- Maximum award £10,000 or 50% of overall project costs
- Businesses assisted from rural milkman's expansion, to hi tech precision companies, to new start-up retail businesses helped to date
- 6 businesses moving into larger premises and creating new employment opportunities for more staff
The grant schemes are split into three areas:
- Town Enhancement (Melton Mowbray based businesses) – can assist:
- Home based or sole trader businesses moving into retail premises
- Retail businesses moving from small outlet into larger premises.
- Providing additional services to customers
- Increasing online orders facility
- Rural Diversification – can assist:
- Rural (non Melton Mowbray based) businesses diversifying from, or expanding, their core business.
- New Start-up businesses – can assist if under 2 years old:
- After an application to Growth Fund, businesses will need to engage with Leicester & Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership Business Gateway Growth Hub to access Melton's Growth Fund
- Assist with some equipment costs
Please note: For the avoidance of doubt, Local Authorities are required to undertake prepayment checks for all Grant payments. This is a stricter position than that taken for any previous COVID-19 business support grant schemes. Due diligence of all applications and Government checks are required to be undertaken before any payments are issued to businesses.
There are clearly defined eligibility and criteria that businesses will have to adhere to in order to successfully apply for a grant. These are available to see in the policy and frequently asked questions document below. Should a business not be sure around eligibility of what scheme to apply for please email your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
The full guidance policy and Frequently Asked Questions are located through following link: https://www.melton.gov.uk/coronavirus/business-support/business-support-hub-covid-19/
Posted: Tue, 02 Nov 2021 11:21 by lorraine davies