Cold Overton Village
Main Street, Cold Overton
St Peter's Church, Knossington
Children's Play Area, Knossington
Children's Play Area, Owston Road, Knossington
Cemetery on Somerby Road, Knossington
Cold Overton Church
St John the Baptist Parish Church, Cold Overton
Allotments situated adjacent to the playing field on Owston Road, Knossington
Knossington & Cold Overton Parish Council provides YOUR local services. We strive to make this a better place to live, work and visit. Our website includes a wealth of information about how we conduct business and what we do. Use the search or browse the site to find whatever you are looking for. If you can't find what you want or would like to recommend any improvements to our website then please contact us.
Posted: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 11:57 by lorraine davies
Residents planning a trip one of Leicestershire's household waste and recycling centres over the Easter Holiday weekend are being urged to check their opening hours before they set off.
The county council is expecting its waste sites to be very busy. More »
It has plans in place to deal with demand, but has warned staff shortages, caused by various factors including Covid-19, other illnesses and recruitment difficulties, could affect opening hours.
Subject to any required unplanned changes:
- Sites at Lount, Lutterworth, Market Harborough, Melton Mowbray, Mountsorrel, Shepshed and Whetstone will be open on Good Friday.
- Our sites at Barwell, Coalville, Loughborough, Market Harborough, Mountsorrel, Oadby and Whetstone will be open on Easter Monday.
- However the Lount, Lutterworth and Melton sites will be closed on Easter Monday (April 18) because of staff shortages.
- The normal opening hours at most sites are 9am to 7pm (Tuesday to Friday) and 9am to 5pm (Saturday, Sunday and Monday).
- The Coalville site will be open 9am to 5pm on its usual opening days which are Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- Bottesford and Somerby waste sites are currently closed due to staff shortages and Kibworth waste site will be closed until late autumn as it undergoes a major refurbishment.
The Easter bank holiday weekend and the following week can be an incredibly busy period at the waste sites.
The extra demand comes at a time when LCC have many staff suffering illness alongside continuing difficulties recruiting and retaining staff vital to run the sites safely. While plans are in place for busy periods, like Easter, LCC are asking people to consider, if possible, making their trips at another time.
Some waste sites may also be unable to accept certain types of waste at times if they become full as many of the landfill and material recycling facilities are closed over the holiday period, so please check LCC website for further information.
All the latest information on waste site opening times is available on the county council website and people planning a trip to recycle or dispose of rubbish are advised to check before they set off. » Less
Posted: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 09:31 by lorraine davies
A Temporary Road Closure will be in place on Owston Road, Knossington from house number 20 to house number 24 on the 24 January 2022 from 9.30 am until 3.30 pm.
This closure is to enable BT Openreach to carry out pole testing.
Posted: Tue, 02 Nov 2021 11:21 by lorraine davies
Businesses in the Parish may be eligible for the Growth Fund grants and Melton Borough Council are urging businesses to apply. There is limited funding available and it will be given on a first come first served basis. More »
New MBC Growth grants: Town Enhancement, Rural Diversification & New Start-up business programmes
- Total amount of Growth grants £350,000
- Awarded over £121, 000 to 17 business , approx. £229,000 remaining
- Since the launch on 26 Aug 21, 51 applications received a good mix of all 3 business new, rural and town grants
- Closing date 31st Jan 22 or until all funds have been awarded
- Maximum award £10,000 or 50% of overall project costs
- Businesses assisted from rural milkman's expansion, to hi tech precision companies, to new start-up retail businesses helped to date
- 6 businesses moving into larger premises and creating new employment opportunities for more staff
The grant schemes are split into three areas:
- Town Enhancement (Melton Mowbray based businesses) – can assist:
- Home based or sole trader businesses moving into retail premises
- Retail businesses moving from small outlet into larger premises.
- Providing additional services to customers
- Increasing online orders facility
- Rural Diversification – can assist:
- Rural (non Melton Mowbray based) businesses diversifying from, or expanding, their core business.
- New Start-up businesses – can assist if under 2 years old:
- After an application to Growth Fund, businesses will need to engage with Leicester & Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership Business Gateway Growth Hub to access Melton's Growth Fund
- Assist with some equipment costs
Please note: For the avoidance of doubt, Local Authorities are required to undertake prepayment checks for all Grant payments. This is a stricter position than that taken for any previous COVID-19 business support grant schemes. Due diligence of all applications and Government checks are required to be undertaken before any payments are issued to businesses.
There are clearly defined eligibility and criteria that businesses will have to adhere to in order to successfully apply for a grant. These are available to see in the policy and frequently asked questions document below. Should a business not be sure around eligibility of what scheme to apply for please email your queries to email@example.com
The full guidance policy and Frequently Asked Questions are located through following link: https://www.melton.gov.uk/coronavirus/business-support/business-support-hub-covid-19/ » Less